Previous Press Release
Next Press Release
April 26, 2011
Vectron International Announces 230°C Ultra-High Temperature Crystal Oscillator
Advanced HI–RELiability Design Enables Industry's Longest Lifetime at Extreme Temperature
– Vectron International, a leader in the design and manufacture of precision oscillators for Communication, Industrial, Military & Space applications, today announced its new solution for the timing of ultra high–temperature electronics, the PX–570 crystal oscillator. Able to withstand continuous operating temperatures of up to 230 degrees Celsius, this product is ideal for harsh environment applications, including oil and gas downhole operations. In addition to extreme temperature operation, the PX–570's unique compliant quartz resonator mounting and 6–leaded HTCC package creates a ruggedized design capable of reliable operation in high shock and vibration environments.
With the PX–570, Vectron successfully combines its unique compliant quartz resonator mounting techniques with a 6-leaded HTCC package, creating a design with the highest package to board attachment fatigue resistance that is capable of surviving shock levels of 1000 g's. In addition, the PX–570 has the industry's tightest frequency vs. temperature performance of ±100ppm from –55°C to +230°C.
"In the high–temperature electronics community, not only are operating temperatures and lifetime requirements increasing, parts are often subject to very harsh shock and vibration," says Gregory Smolka, Vice President of the IMS Business Unit at Vectron. "Throughout our ten–year history in high–temperature electronics, our products have delivered exceptional lifetime increases over comparable hi temp designs. The PX–570 builds on this legacy, offering designers unprecedented reliability and frequency stability in some of the harshest environments on the planet."
Specific features of the PX–570 include:
- Ultra high and wide continuous operating temperature (–55 to 230 degrees C)
- Unique compliant quartz resonator mounting for high shock & vibration applications
- High package to board attachment fatigue resistance with 6–leaded HTCC package design
- ±100ppm frequency stability over the operating temperature range
- Standard frequency range from 32 kHz to 40 MHz
Vectron's PX–570 is available direct at www.vectron.com/products/hitemp/real_time_clock.htm
or through an authorized Vectron representative. For more information on this or any other Vectron products please contact a customer service representative at 1-88-VECTRON-1 or visit www.vectron.com
About Vectron International
Vectron International is a world leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of frequency control, sensor, and hybrid product solutions. Vectron solves complex timing, filtering and sensor challenges by delivering customized solutions that speed time to market and offer low total cost of ownership. Vectron uses the very latest techniques in both bulk acoustic wave (BAW) and surface acoustic wave (SAW) based designs from DC to microwave frequencies. Committed to the industry’s highest quality service standard and complete satisfaction, Vectron International leverages its global footprint and 50 years of experience to help customers achieve competitive differentiation and improve their bottom line. Vectron International is headquartered in Hudson, NH and has operating facilities and sales offices in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, please call 1-88-VECTRON-1