Previous Press Release
Next Press Release
April 30, 2010
Vectron International Announces High Performance “Green” TCXO, Meeting Traditional OCXO Stabilities at a Fraction of the Current Consumption
New TX-402 Ideal for Next Generation Wireline, Wireless and Test & Measurement Applications
- Vectron International, a leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of Precision Frequency Control and Timing Solutions, today announced its new TX-402 Temperature Controlled Crystal Oscillator (TCXO), part of the company’s new “Green Products initiative”. The latest “green” TCXO delivers the performance of an Oven Controlled Crystal Oscillator (OCXO) with significant reductions in current consumption.
Manufacturers of next generation base stations, test equipment and other telecommunications equipment are being driven to reduce overall power consumption and operating costs in their designs as they face growing demand for capacity. Many are facing requirements to reduce power consumption by 30 percent for each next generation product. The TX-402 consumes 15 times less current than an OCXO with comparable performance, making it ideal for applications that require the stability of some OCXOs but need to have lower overall power consumption.
"This latest product meets the evolving challenges of our customers to decrease their carbon footprints and lower costs, while at the same time maintaining performance," says Alan Mond, vice president & general manager of Vectron's Communications Business Unit. "We are investing in technologies that will allow us to meet our customers' cost objectives and drive performance. At the same time, we continue to look for ways to reduce current consumption without sacrificing performance across all our product lines. The TX-402 offers our customers best-in-class stability and lowest power consumption on the market today."
Specific features of the TX-402 include:
- Current consumption of less than 12mA
- Temperature Stability ±70ppb over -20°C to +70°C; ±140ppb over -40°C to +85°C
- Frequency Range 6.4MHz to 26MHz
- Warm up time is a few seconds vs. minutes of comparable product OCXOs
- Stratum 3 OCXO equivalent with reduced current consumption
Vectron’s TX-402 is available direct at www.vectron.com or through an authorized Vectron representative. For more information on this or any other Vectron products please contact a customer service representative at 1-88-VECTRON-1 or visit www.vectron.com.
See Our coverage in Electronic Products here
About Vectron International
Vectron International is a world leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of frequency control, sensor, and hybrid product solutions. Vectron solves complex timing, filtering and sensor challenges by delivering customized solutions that speed time to market and offer low total cost of ownership. Vectron uses the very latest techniques in both bulk acoustic wave (BAW) and surface acoustic wave (SAW) based designs from DC to microwave frequencies. Committed to the industry's highest quality service standard and complete satisfaction, Vectron International leverages its global footprint and 50 years of experience to help customers achieve competitive differentiation and improve their bottom line. Vectron International is headquartered in Hudson, NH and has operating facilities and sales offices in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, please call 1-88-VECTRON-1