Previous Press Release
Next Press Release
May 2, 2011
Vectron International Showcases Ultra-High Temperature Real Time Clock Oscillators at the Offshore Technology Conference
Industry Leading Lifetime and Reliability at up to 230 Degrees C in Three Different Industry Standard Packages
– Vectron International, a leader in the design and manufacture of precision oscillators for Communication, Industrial, Military & Space applications, chose the annual Offshore Technology Conference in Houston Texas to announce the expansion of its high temperature oscillator product line to include High Temperature Real Time Clocks (HT RTC). The HT RTCs, operating at 32.768 kHz, are available in three different industry standard packages with operating temperatures as high as 230 degrees C. Compared to traditional RTCs using a tuning folk resonator design, Vectron's HT RTC solution provides unsurpassed reliability and lifetime at elevated temperature coupled with exceptional temperature stability. Furthermore, power consumption has been minimized making Vectron's HT RTCs ideal for battery operated systems.
Vectron applied their unique compliant quartz mounting techniques to the HT RTC product platform allowing for HI–REL operation in extreme environment applications, including oil and gas downhole operations with operating temperatures up to 230 degrees Celsius. Depending on the package selection, Vectron's HT RTC is capable of surviving shock and vibration levels up 3000 g's and 30g respectively. In addition, Vectron's HT RTC offers unprecedented frequency vs. temperature performance of ±40pmm from –20°C to +180°C.
"As the industry continues to drill deeper, highly accurate and resilient electronics are increasingly being utilized. The challenge is in producing a very stable RTC that can reliably operate for long periods of time at temperatures up to 230 degrees C, and, by the way, it must use as little power as possible, as it will often be run off of batteries. Finally, because it may be in close proximity to drilling tools, it needs to be even more shock and vibe resistant than your best military grade hardware." said Gregory Smolka, Vice President of the IMS Business Unit at Vectron. "We've been able to meet all of these objectives, with our HT RTCs, building on our ten-year history in high-temperature electronics."
Specific features of Vectron's Real Time Clocks include:
- Standard operating temperature (–55 to 200 degrees C)
- Operating temperature to 230 degrees C available
- Industry leading temperature stability of ±40ppm
- Industry standard package configurations – 5x7 mm, 8x8.5 mm leaded and 4 pin ½ DIL to meet thru-hole and SMT requirements
- Low power consumption for long battery life
- The industry's longest lifetime at extreme temperatures
- Lead free and compliant to EC RoHS directive
Vectron's Real Time Clocks are available direct at https://www.vectron.com/products/hitemp/real_time_clock.htm
or through an authorized Vectron representative. For more information on this or any other Vectron products please contact a customer service representative at 1-88-VECTRON-1 or visit www.vectron.com
About Vectron International
Vectron International is a world leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of frequency control, sensor, and hybrid product solutions. Vectron solves complex timing, filtering and sensor challenges by delivering customized solutions that speed time to market and offer low total cost of ownership. Vectron uses the very latest techniques in both bulk acoustic wave (BAW) and surface acoustic wave (SAW) based designs from DC to microwave frequencies. Committed to the industry’s highest quality service standard and complete satisfaction, Vectron International leverages its global footprint and 50 years of experience to help customers achieve competitive differentiation and improve their bottom line. Vectron International is headquartered in Hudson, NH and has operating facilities and sales offices in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, please call 1-88-VECTRON-1