Previous Press Release
Next Press Release
May 24, 2010
Vectron International Announces New High Stability ĎSuper Singleí OCXO
MX-041 Offers Improved Performance and Reduced Power over Conventional Double Ovens
- Vectron International, a leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of Precision Frequency Control and Timing Solutions, today announced a "Super Single" oven controlled crystal oscillator (OCXO), the MX-041 for base station and test & measurement applications. The company will showcase this new product in Booth 1615 at the 2010 IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium, to be held May 25-27, 2010 in Anaheim, California.
Design engineers are facing ever-increasing competition and are under pressure to continually add new services and functionality, maximize performance and lower power consumption. The MX-041 represents the first in a series of "Super Single" OCXO products based on Vectronís patented microprocessor correction technology to address these requirements.
"We are continuing to drive performance and invest in technology that allows us to help solve the power and performance challenges of our customers," said Alan Mond, Vice President and General Manager, Vectronís Communications Business Unit. "Vectronís patented microprocessor correction technology addresses critical parameters such as tighter stabilities, extended temperature ranges, smaller footprints and reduced power consumption. These parameters allow customers to improve the overall performance of their architecture and reduce their carbon footprints at the same time."
The Vectron single oven technology is able to achieve a temperature stability of ±0.6ppb over
-40 to +85°C while reducing power consumption by more than 55 percent during warm up and 50 percent during steady state. The MX-041 is housed in a low profile package at a height of
14.55mm, versus 25.4mm for typical double ovens. The reduced package height enables customers to meet tight height requirements without sacrificing electrical performance. The innovative construction used in the "Super Single" produces excellent short and long-term stability with ADEV performance of 3e-12 @ 1 second along with long term aging of 10 ppb per year.
Specific features of the MX-041 include:
- Package height reduction: 50x50x14.55mm versus 50x50x25.4mm for typical double ovens
- 55% reduction in power consumption (4W) during warm up vs. typical double ovens
- 50% reduction in power consumption (2W) during steady state vs. typical double ovens
- Temperature stability of ±0.2ppb over 0 to 70°C or ±0.6ppb over
-40 to +85°C
- ADEV performance of 3e-12 @ 1 second and long term aging of 10ppb per year
- Supply voltage is +5V or +12V
- Available with either a HCMOS or Sinewave output
Vectronís MX-401 product is available direct at www.vectron.com or through an authorized Vectron representative. For more information on this or any other Vectron products please contact a customer service representative at 1-88-VECTRON-1 or visit www.vectron.com
About Vectron International
Vectron International is a world leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of frequency control, sensor, and hybrid product solutions. Vectron solves complex timing, filtering and sensor challenges by delivering customized solutions that speed time to market and offer low total cost of ownership. Vectron uses the very latest techniques in both bulk acoustic wave (BAW) and surface acoustic wave (SAW) based designs from DC to microwave frequencies. Committed to the industry's highest quality service standard and complete satisfaction, Vectron International leverages its global footprint and 50 years of experience to help customers achieve competitive differentiation and improve their bottom line. Vectron International is headquartered in Hudson, NH and has operating facilities and sales offices in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, please call 1-88-VECTRON-1