Previous Press Release
Next Press Release
November 11, 2010
Vectron International Announces Industry's Lowest Jitter LVPECL XO
New Ultra Low Noise VC-708 Offers 50fsec of RMS Jitter in a 5x7 Footprint
- Vectron International, a leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of Precision Frequency Control and Timing Solutions, today announced the industry's lowest phase noise LVPECL crystal oscillator (XO). The new VC–708 is the market's only LVPECL crystal oscillator currently available in a 5x7mm footprint achieving 50fsec of RMS jitter over an integrated bandwidth. This product will be showcased in Hall B5, Booth 237 at electronica 2010, from November 9–12.
"Our new VC–708 allows designers to improve the purity of their clock signal, helping them to compensate for increased noise coming from system and environmental factors that can degrade jitter budgets and impact the performance of their integrated circuits," said Alan Mond, vice president and general manager, communication business unit, Vectron. "In addition, time to market is of paramount importance to our customers and we have the ability to support samples and pre-production runs in less than a week."
Today's designs are becoming increasingly complex, often involving multiple layer boards with increased sources of noise and trace lengths. As data rates and sources of noise on the board increase, the room in the jitter budget for clock noise is reduced. Simply meeting the target devices specification at the clock output does not leave enough margin for real world implementations and extra margin must be built in to compensate for board level noise. Vectron's new VC–708 achieves the lowest integrated jitter over all desired offset bandwidths and has a phase noise floor of –163dBc/Hz at 10MHz offset. The product is designed for use with High Speed Converters, ASICs, FPGA and PHYs in communications, medical and industrial markets where low noise reference clocks are paramount to achieving differentiated performance.
- Phase Noise floor of –163dBc/Hz & 10MHz offset
- Typical Jitter performance of 50fsec RMS jitter over the offset BW of 12kHz to 20MHz
- Available output frequencies of 125MHz, 156.25MHz, 160.00MHz, 161.1328MHz, 200MHz & 250MHz
- Supporting stabilities down to 25ppm from –40° to 85°C, inclusive of 15 years aging
- 3.3V Supply Voltage
- LVPECL & LVDS Output Configurations
- Package 5.0mm x 7.0mm x 1.8mm
- Compliant to EC RoHS6 Directive
In addition to low jitter XOs, Vectron also offers customers with innovative clock path technology including high stability Double Ovens, OCXOs and TCXOs. Vectron's broad portfolio of Frequency Control products also includes VCSOs, VCXOs and jitter attenuators that provide ultra–low jitter timing solutions.
Vectron's VC–708 is available direct at www.vectron.com or through an authorized Vectron representative. For more information on this or any other Vectron products please contact a customer service representative at 1–88–VECTRON–1 or visit www.vectron.com.
About Vectron International
Vectron International is a world leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of frequency control, sensor, and hybrid product solutions. Vectron solves complex timing, filtering and sensor challenges by delivering customized solutions that speed time to market and offer low total cost of ownership. Vectron uses the very latest techniques in both bulk acoustic wave (BAW) and surface acoustic wave (SAW) based designs from DC to microwave frequencies. Committed to the industry’s highest quality service standard and complete satisfaction, Vectron International leverages its global footprint and 50 years of experience to help customers achieve competitive differentiation and improve their bottom line. Vectron International is headquartered in Hudson, NH and has operating facilities and sales offices in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, please call 1-88-VECTRON-1