Previous Press Release
Next Press Release
November 11, 2010
Vectron International Introduces Ruggedized Ultra Low Noise VCXO
ITAR-Free VX-990 Features Unique Crystal Technology, Ideal for Airborne and Land Based Radar
- Vectron International, a leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of Precision Frequency Control and Timing Solutions, today announced the VX–990 Voltage Controlled Crystal Oscillator (VCXO). Designed and manufactured in Germany, the ITAR–free VX–990 offers industry-leading, ultra low phase noise performance in a standard, ruggedized enclosure, making it ideal for airborne and land-based radar applications where low G–sensitivity is paramount. This product will be showcased in Hall B5, Booth 237 at electronica 2010, from November 9–12.
"In today's military–grade radar applications, phase noise drives ultimate system performance" said Greg Smolka, vice president, Industrial Military and Space business unit, Vectron. "Harsh conditions and high vibration environments can have severe effects on phase noise performance. The VX–990 utilizes our 50 years of industry expertise and unique crystal technology to solve this problem for our customers, delivering best–in–class performance for G–sensitivity, vibration and stability."
Featuring Vectron's unique SR–45 crystal technology, the VX–990 is capable of meeting –127 dBc/Hz at a 100 Hz offset at 120 MHz, in addition to an ultra low phase noise floor below –175 dBc/Hz. VX–990's standard ruggedized enclosure has G–sensitivity below 0.5 ppb⁄g and an available frequency range of 60 MHz to 120 MHz. For extremely harsh environments, the VX–990 can also be provided with shock absorbers to minimize the phase noise degradation under vibration.
- Ultra low phase noise floor of –175 dBc/Hz
- Frequency range from 60 MHz to 120 MHz
- G–Sensitivity < 0.5 ppb⁄g
- Designed for harsh environments
- ITAR free
Vectron's VX-990 product is available direct at www.vectron.com or through an authorized Vectron representative. For more information on this or any other Vectron products please contact a customer service representative at 1-88-VECTRON-1 or visit www.vectron.com
About Vectron International
Vectron International is a world leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of frequency control, sensor, and hybrid product solutions. Vectron solves complex timing, filtering and sensor challenges by delivering customized solutions that speed time to market and offer low total cost of ownership. Vectron uses the very latest techniques in both bulk acoustic wave (BAW) and surface acoustic wave (SAW) based designs from DC to microwave frequencies. Committed to the industry’s highest quality service standard and complete satisfaction, Vectron International leverages its global footprint and 50 years of experience to help customers achieve competitive differentiation and improve their bottom line. Vectron International is headquartered in Hudson, NH and has operating facilities and sales offices in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, please call 1-88-VECTRON-1