Previous Press Release
Next Press Release
November 14, 2012
Vectron International Announces High Performance PLL Based Crystal Oscillators and Voltage Controlled Oscillators
HPLL Provides Communications Infrastructure Market with Clock Rate Flexible Solution
– Vectron International, a leader in the design and manufacture of Precision Oscillators and Timing Solutions for Communication, Industrial, Military and Space applications, today announced the release of a new High Performance PLL (HPLL) based crystal oscillators and voltage controlled oscillators. The HPLL enables rate flexibility in critical communication clocking applications. This product will be showcased in Hall B5, Stand 237 at the Electronica 2012 Show in Munich, Germany from November 13–16th 2012.
Network Equipment Providers increasingly need to give their customers (service providers) flexible solutions. Equipment providers face system clock rates that vary across Ethernet, SONET/SHD, Fiber Channel and Video applications. Systems with clock rate flexibility that can interface to multiple protocols enable network providers to deliver this critical functionality.
"In order to address the multiple protocols required for today's systems, designers would typically use multiple clocks of different frequencies in the same system," explained Mario Saucedo, General Manager of Standard Oscillators at Vectron. "Our HPLL oscillators combine key digital synthesis techniques with Vectron's proven core analog technology blocks to provide cost–effective, rate–flexible solutions to our customers without sacrificing performance."
"Our customers challenge us to help them lower costs and reduce lead time via innovative, break through products," said Greg Smolka, Vice President of Global Sales at Vectron International. "The HPLL enables system cost reduction while providing up to a 4x reduction in lead time as prebuilt stock need only be programmed and tested prior to shipment."
HPLL technology enables rate–flexible XOs and VCXOs with up to four selectable frequencies with rms jitter under 1ps. In addition to HPLL enabled XOs and VCXOs, Vectron also offers a full range of clock and VCXO platforms, along with innovative ultra low jitter OCXO TCXO, VCSOs and jitter attenuator timing solutions.
Vectron's HPLL XO and VCXOs are available direct at www.vectron.com
or through an authorized Vectron representative. For more information on this or any other Vectron products please contact a customer service representative at 1–88–VECTRON–1
About Vectron International
- Output Frequencies from 10 MHz to 1200 MHz
- Jitter < 1ps–rms (12 kHz to 20 MHz). 500fs available, check with factory
- 2.5V or 3.3V Supply Voltage
- LVCMOS, LVPECL or LVDS Output Configurations
- Industry Standard Package, 5.0 x 7.0 x 1.8 mm
Vectron International is a world leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of frequency control, sensor, and hybrid product solutions. Vectron solves complex timing, filtering and sensor challenges by delivering customized solutions that speed time to market and offer low total cost of ownership. Committed to the industry's highest quality service standard and complete satisfaction, Vectron International leverages its global footprint and 50 years of experience to help customers achieve competitive differentiation and improve their bottom line. Vectron International is headquartered in Hudson, NH and has operating facilities and sales offices in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, please visit www.vectron.com