Previous Press Release
Next Press Release
November 15, 2012
Vectron International Announces Low Phase Noise Voltage Controlled Oscillator
New Low Phase Noise VCXO for Jitter Cleaning Applications
– Vectron International, a leader in the design and manufacture of Precision Oscillators and Timing Solutions for Communication, Industrial, Military and Space applications, today announced its new VX–705 Low Phase Noise Voltage Controlled Oscillator (VCXO). The VX–705 is ideal for demanding clock distribution applications in wireless communications, test and measurement, audio/video broadcast and medical equipment. This product will be showcased in Hall B5, Stand 237 at the Electronica 2012 Show in Munich, Germany from November 13–16th 2012.
Distributed systems such as a network of remote radio heads communicating with a host base station, create new jitter and noise management challenges for the designer. Synchronizing the functions of distributed systems requires a designer to find a way to recover frequency or phase information after it has traveled over a noisy link, such as optical fiber that can add jitter to the recovered clock.
"Narrow bandwidth phase locked loops are used in distributed systems to recover reference frequencies, which requires the VCXO in the loop to have the best possible close in phase noise to allow the loop to clean out any additive noise that the interface introduces." says Mario Saucedo, General Manager of Standard Oscillator Product Segment at Vectron. "The VX–705 provides best in class close in phase noise performance by combining Vectron's advanced crystal processing expertise with custom ASIC technology."
With phase noise as low as –68dBc/Hz at a 10Hz offset, the VX–705 is ideal for supporting high performance jitter attenuation circuits. In addition to low phase noise VCXOs, Vectron also offers customers innovative clock path technology including OCXOs TCXOs, XOs, VCSOs and jitter attenuators that provide ultra low noise timing solutions.
Vectron's VX–705 VCXOs are available direct at www.vectron.com
or through an authorized Vectron representative. For more information on this or any other Vectron products please contact a customer service representative at 1–88–VECTRON–1
About Vectron International
- Output Frequencies from 77.76 MHz to 170 MHz
- Output: CMOS, PECL
- 3.3 V Operation
- 0/70°C or –40/85°C Operating Temperature
- Small Industry Standard Package, 5.0mm x 7.0mm x 2mm
- Product is free of lead and compliant to EC RoHS Directive
Vectron International is a world leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of frequency control, sensor, and hybrid product solutions. Vectron solves complex timing, filtering and sensor challenges by delivering customized solutions that speed time to market and offer low total cost of ownership. Committed to the industry's highest quality service standard and complete satisfaction, Vectron International leverages its global footprint and 50 years of experience to help customers achieve competitive differentiation and improve their bottom line. Vectron International is headquartered in Hudson, NH and has operating facilities and sales offices in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, please visit www.vectron.com